To take admission in Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), you need to follow these steps:
- Choose the program: First, you need to choose the program you wish to study. IGNOU offers a wide range of programs including certificate, diploma, degree, and master’s programs in various fields of study.
Click here to View Variety of IGNOU Cources & Programme
- Check eligibility criteria: Check if you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have selected. The Qualification Criteria vary for each program.
- Obtain the prospectus and application form: You can obtain the prospectus and application form either online or from any of the IGNOU Regional Centers.
- Fill the application form: Fill the application form carefully and provide all the required details accurately.
Click here to Start Filling the Application Form
- Submit the form and required documents: Submit the filled-in application form along with the required documents such as marksheet, passport-sized photograph, and other relevant documents.
- Pay the fee: Pay the required fee for the program you have selected through the mode specified by IGNOU.
- Wait for the admission confirmation: Once you have submitted the form and required documents, you will receive an admission confirmation from IGNOU.
- Attend the orientation program: Once you receive the admission confirmation, you need to attend an orientation program conducted by IGNOU.
- Start your studies: After completing the orientation program, you can start your studies.
FAQ’s For IGNOU Admission
✅ Is it compulsory to register myself before submitting an admission form online?
Yes, it is compulsory to register with our Online Admission System before you can submit your admission form online.
✅ Is Email address compulsory to fill online application form?
Yes, you are required to use E-mail address to register for Online Admission.
✅ If the power/internet connection fails during the application process, what should I do?
Since the data is saved at the end of every stage with the ‘Save’ button, your data is automatically saved till the previous stage. If you are within a particular stage and the system is interrupted due to power failure or loss of connectivity, then your current stage data will not be saved. Please log in again using your ID and password and complete the form submission process from the stage where the system got interrupted.
✅ What is the detailed process for submission of online application form and action to be taken by the candidate?
The submission of admission form passes through the following stages:
- Open the URL (https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in)
- Complete Registration process (which creates ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ for you).
- Your ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ is informed through SMS and email.
- Re-login to the system using your ‘User Name’ and ‘Password.’
- Fill Admission Form online.
- Upload your recent passport size Photograph (maximum size 100KB in JPG format).
- Upload your specimen signature (maximum size 100KB in JPG format).
- Upload scanned copies of the relevant documents (maximum size 200KB each document in JPG/PDF format).
- Read the instruction and declaration carefully by clicking the ‘Declaration’ box.
- Preview your data and confirm details.
- Make payment of Fee through the Credit/Debit card/Net Banking.
- Payment confirmation message is sent to you through SMS and email.
- Press Next button to see the form preview.
- After the final submission of online application form, your may download the filled in application form and keep a printout for your record.
✅ How should I pay the programme fee?
✅ What kinds of Credit/Debit cards are accepted for payment of the programme fee? Is there Internet banking facility is also available?
✅Payment has been deducted from Credit Card/Debit Card/ my account but I have not received any confirmation. What should I do?
If the payment has been deducted but you did not get acknowledgement for the same, please email the transaction details including the Control Number, your name, programme opted, mobile number, amount paid etc. to the Centralised Student Registration Cell at 011-29571301 or 011-29571528. You can email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If required, you may escalate and submit your grievance to our website at http://igram.ignou.ac.in/.
✅After Payment of the application fee, what information shall I receive through email/ SMS?
✅Where do I have to contact after successful submission of form?
Once the application Form is successfully submitted, your form will be scrutinised by IGNOU staff and if it fulfils the eligibility criteria you will receive a confirmation to that effect at your registered email address. If a deficiency is found in the application, you will receive a communication from IGNOU informing you about the discrepancy. After successful processing of your form, the University will provide you further information with regard to confirmation of your admission, allotment of study centre and other details for induction etc. in due course of time.
✅What is the time frame for getting confirmation of my admission?
The Admission forms submitted through the Online Admission System are scrutinised and confirmed for admission subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria. The forms are processed region wise on a first come first serve basis. Therefore, the time required for processing of forms for different Regional Centres may vary depending on the number of applicants from the respective regions.
✅If I want to withdraw from the programme after confirmation of my admission, shall I get my fee refunded?
Yes, University has a limited provision for cancellation of Programme and refund of fee as prescribed in the Refund Policy of the University. You may refer to the guidelines pertaining to ‘Refund of Fee’ under the ‘University Rules’ section of the IGNOU Common Prospectus. In cases where University denies admission, the programme fee will be refunded after deduction of processing fee, if any. The refund amount will be transferred electronically to the credit/debit/net banking account from where payment was made.
✅As a student of IGNOU, shall I get access to library facility?
The students who seek admission to a programme of the University through Online Admission System will get the same facilities as those who join the programme in off-line mode. In case you are staying in the city where your Regional Centre is located, you can make use of the library at the Regional Centre. In addition, you can also use the multimedia facility (recorded audio/ video lectures, etc.) at the Regional Centre. Your Study Centre is also equipped with library/multimedia facility. You may use the facility during the working hours of the Study Centre.
✅What is Credit System?
The University follows the ‘Credit System’ for all the programmes. Each credit in our system is equivalent to 30 hours of study comprising all learning activities (i.e. reading and comprehending the print material, listening to audio, watching video, attending counselling sessions, teleconference and writing assignment responses). Thus, a 4-credit course involves about 120 hours of study. This helps the learner to know the academic effort he/she has to put in, to successfully complete a course. Completion of an academic programme (Degree/ Diploma/ Certificate) requires successful completion of the assignments, practicals, projects and the term-end examination of each course in a programme.
✅What is the system of evaluation followed by IGNOU?
The system of evaluation in IGNOU is different from that of conventional universities. IGNOU has a multi-tier system of evaluation – self-assessment exercises within each unit of study, continuous evaluation mainly through assignments which are tutor-marked, practical assignments and seminar/workshops/extended contact programmes, term-end examination, project work, etc. The evaluation of learners depends upon various instructional activities undertaken by them. A learner has to write assignment responses compulsorily before taking term-end examination from time to time to complete an academic programme. A learner has to submit tutor marked assignments (TMA) responses to the Coordinator of the Study Centre concerned to which s/he is attached
✅Are the Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates awarded by IGNOU recognized by UGC?
Yes, recognized by UGC.
IGNOU Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates are recognized by all member universities of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and are at par with Degrees/Diplomas/ Certificates of all Indian Universities/ Institutions, as per UGC Circular letter No. F.1-52/2000(CPP-II) dated 5th May, 2004, AIU Circular No. EV/11(449/94/176915-177115 dated January 14, 1994, AICTE Circular No. AICTE/Academic/ MOU-DEC/ 2005 dated May 13, 2005 and UGC/DEB/2013 dated 14.10.2013.
It is advisable to check the official website of IGNOU regularly for any updates and changes in the admission process.